Lingerie and swimwear brand Pour Moi has revealed the most Googled cocktails in the world in the past year.
According to Pour Moi’s Google data, the most searched cocktail recipe in Australia and New Zealand was for the Espresso Martini. It also came out on top in Iceland and a cluster of states in the US including Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachussets and Connecticut.
However, the Pornstar Martini (pictured main) was the most popular globally. According to Absolut Drinks, the drink features Absolut Vanilla, passionfruit puree, vanilla syrup and half a passionfruit, with a shot of Champagne on the side. It was created by the late Douglas Ankrah, co-founder of the ground-breaking LAB bar in London.
How did it get its name?
“The drink is very evocative and tantalising,” Ankrah told The Buyer. “I called it Pornstar because I thought it was something that a Pornstar would drink, there’s nothing sexual there.”
Top 10 most Googled cocktails in the world
1. Pornstar Martini (over 18.4 million global searches) | Countries who search for Pornstar Martini recipes the most include India and Israel, followed by the USA, UK, Philippines, South Africa and Pakistan.
2. Pina Colada (over 10.5 million global searches) | Countries who search for Pina Colada recipes the most include US and Mexico, followed by UK, Germany, Brazil, France, Italy, Australia and Russia
3. Aperol Spritz (over 8.2 million global searches) | Countries who search for Aperol Spritz the most include US and Germany, followed by the UK, Italy, Poland, Australia, Brazil and Canada.
4. Sangria (over 7.6 million global searches) | Countries who search for sangria the most include US and Italy, followed by Mexico, Japan, UK, Colombia, Brazil and Argentina.
5. Negroni (over 6.9 million global searches) | Countries who search for Negronis the most include US and UK, followed by Italy, Brazil, Australia, Germany, Canada, Argentina and Sweden.
6. Espresso Martini (over 5.5 million global searches) | The UK does more searches for Espresso Martini than any other country, irrespective of population size! Other Countries who search for a lot include the USA, Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Canada and Ireland.
7. Long Island Ice Tea (over 4.4 million global searches) Countries who search for Long Island Ice Tea the most include USA and UK, followed by Australia, Canada, Japan and the Netherlands.
8. Caipirinha (over 4.3 million global searches) | Countries who search for Caipirinhas the most include Germany, Brazil, USA, France, Italy, UK, Mexico and Portugal.
9. Daiquiri (over 3.8 million global searches) | Countries who search for Daiquiris the most include US and UK, followed by Italy, Germany, France, Australia, Russia, Canada and Mexico.
10. Mojito (over 2.8 million global searches) | Countries who search for Mojitos the most include France, Japan, Belgium, the UK and Australia.
However, according to Difford’s Guide, the world’s biggest guide to cocktails, spirits and liqueurs, the most popular cocktail searched on its site is the Amaretto Sour, with the French Martini at No.2, the Pornstar Martini at No.3 and the Espresso Martini at No.4.