Why not enjoy your chocolate in liquid, boozy form this Easter? Here are some great inspirations for Easter cocktails that both home mixologists and bar aficionados can sip and swoon over.
The Sweet Daisy
The Sweet Daisy has been created Marnia Kremer at @marniajane. Marnia is an Adelaide-based content creator, with a focus on fashion, beauty, lifestyle and health and wellness.
● 1 shot Australian Distilling Co Adelaide gin
● 40ml freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
● 20 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
● 1tbsp simple syrup (see below for recipe)
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well.
- Pour into glass and top with soda/sparkling water.
- Garnish with some pretty little flowers or a sprig of rosemary.
- Bring 1/2cup sugar and 1/2 water to the bowl over a medium heat, stirring to dissolve the
- Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
Easter Speckled Egg
The Easter Speckled Egg has been created by Sarah Dehays at @sarahdehays is a Perth-based content creator, showcasing everything beauty, fashion and lifestyle through beautiful photos with a fun girly flair.
● 1 oz Brisbane Gin Australian Distilling Co
● 3/4 oz Campari
● 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
● 1/2 oz simple syrup
● 1 egg white
For the rim
● Milk chocolate (melted)
● Speckled eggs crushed
● Garnish with dried or fresh flowers
- Add the melted chocolate to the rim of your glass, you can do this by pouring the
chocolate into a plate then rotating the glass over the melted chocolate so the rim is
- Cover the chocolate on the rim with the crushed speckled eggs.
- Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for at least 30 seconds, 60 seconds is better, you want the egg white completely
emulsified and frothy.
- Strain into your cocktail glass and enjoy.
The Caramello Egg-Tini has been created by Rachael Gough at @champagnesilvousplait. Rachael is a Brisbane-based content creator, social influencer, model, fashionista and mum of two.
● 120mL Baileys Irish Cream
● 60mL Vok Liquer Crème de Cacao (white or dark)
● 30mL Hersheys Caramel Syrup (extra for glasses)
● Cottees Cordial Ice Magic for garnish
● OPTIONAL: 60mL milk for a lighter taste
- Drizzle Ice Magic inside the martini glasses and chill in the freezer.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, Baileys Irish Cream, Crème de Cacao and Caramel Syrup.
- Shake until syrup is dissolved.
- Drizzle extra Caramel Syrup inside the chilled martini glasses and strain the egg-tini mix
into the glasses.
Grapefruit Gin Sour
The Grapefruit Gin Sour has been created by Sarah Bell at @ournourishingtable. Sarah is a Brisbane-based nutritionist, recipe developer, food stylist and blogger.
● 60mL Brisbane Gin
● 45mL ruby grapefruit juice
● 30mL lemon juice
● 1 tsp honey mixed with 25mL water
● 1 egg white
● Persian Fairy Floss
- Add the gin, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, honey water, egg white and ice to a cocktail
- Place the lid on and shake 15-20 times.
- Strain into a cocktail glass and top with a bunny tail made from the Persian fairy
Brookie’s Spiked Easter Eggs
Brookie’s Spiked Easter Eggs have been created by Cape Byron Distillery in the hinterland of Byron Bay.
- 15ml Mac. Liqueur
- 15ml @mrblackspirits
- 15ml Coconut Cream
- Grated macadamias to garnish
Shake ingredients with ice and double strain into chocolate eggs, then dust with grated macadamias.
Easter Chocolate Espresso Martini
Melanie Lionello at @frommylittlekitchen has created a video of how to make her Easter Chocolate Espresso Martini.
● 60mL Vodka of your choice
● 60mL Kahlua of your choice
● 60mL Fresh espresso
● 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Shake 60ml each of vodka, Kahlua and fresh espresso, plus 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
over ice until frothy.
- Pour into glasses lined generously with melted dark chocolate.
- Serves 2.
Cocktail Porter Espresso Martini
Cocktail Porter has created Easter cocktails gift sets including the one above for Espresso Martinis, served in Lindt Milk Chocolate Bunny vessels. The Espresso Martini is a rich blend of Cîroc Vodka, cold drip coffee and coffee liquor. After mixing and shaking, pour into the Gold Bunny to create the perfect chocolate lovers’ treat.
And here are two delicious Easter cocktails to enjoy at bars over the long weekend …
Easter Hot Cross Bun Old Fashioned
Bar Clara in Little Bourke Street Melbourne has created its annual Easter Hot Cross Bun Old Fashioned, which lands from tomorrow. We don’t know exactly what’s in this stylish take on Easter cocktails, but we would love to hop on in and try it.
White Choc Espresso Martini
With a coastal meets luxe feel, Robina Pavilion is one of the Gold Coast’s largest dining, drinking and entertainment destinations. It’s making every 18+ chocoholic’s dream come true over the Easter long weekend by serving up a limited edition White Choc Espresso Martini, served in an oversized Cadbury Egg and topped with soft, golden flakes of Caramilk.
6 boozy chocolate bar inspired martinis